Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Carnival at Jell's Park


My 4 day long weekend for Easter was spent being a Team Manager for the Waverley Blue Sox under 12 girls Softball Team. It was hard work but great fun. 12 games played and the team lost all games however, gained so much experience and did great for their first carnival. many new friends made and all the families were excellent helpers. The weather was fantastic but of course typical Karen skin....I came out looking like an Oompa Loompa.. no matter how much sun screen I applied loll. It was well worth the tiredness, sleep deprivation, bad hat head and pure exhaustion to see the big smiles on the girls faces. Lots of laughter (a few tears) Yuck food from the pavilion..but yummy Dippin Dots (ice cream for all those that don't know!) Oh and excellent coffees from the coffee van ..which was a pleasant surprise. Nothing compares to our Starbucks!!
Alissa did so well ..I am very proud of her. She is an EXCELLENT 1st base woman (let's be politically correct) and she was even able to hit several very fast pitches (those girls are unbelievable!) and scores a few runs and even slid into home plate! Was very exciting but everyone will be proud of me..I controlled myself loll..still have a voice to prove it however may have a couple undetected gray hairs after the weekend lol. if you see them please do not comment!! Anyway besides getting hugs from all the girls at the end I received a nice bottle of white wine (very thoughtful) and a nice little Waverley cooler bag with the details of the Carnival imprinted on it. I did end up riding my bike tonight for 5 kms ..love my new bike. but am now very tired and will head off to sleep. Catch you on the next blog!

No comments: