Friday, September 19, 2008

HACC - Aged Care Studies

I am enjoying my new adventure in the Aged Care 3 studies and Home Care. I have been out in the field now since first week in August and I am loving my clients. It has seen it's challenges but what a great feeling in helping others and giving back. I have been fortunate enough to have a few new Mothers which is a nice change. School is going very well with lots of homework and I am passing with flying colours. There have been 6 people who have dropped out .. so we are now schooling every other Monday. I have declined in picking up that day as a work day. I am tired and will use that as an extra study day. The council have been excellent so far to work for and really offer full support to us which is great.

I had an employee induction and had a buss ride around Knox municipality and was interesting to see all the historic sights. It was also nice to see what Knox has to offer us in the way of recreation, information, etc. My classmates are a nice bunch of people and we are all very different culturally. We get along very well and have already met for a lunch at an Irish pub which was nice. We plan to get together once a month for some down time. They are an interesting bunch and funny.

Anyway it's nice to see and spend time with you BLOG . I will try harder I promise.

3 comments:

the girL said...

So nice to have a quick catch up with you again!
XOXO

nicknkaz said...

Hi,We had breakfast with Peter and Matilda this morning at Montania's and it was yum. Hoping you are both well. Chat soon xoxo kaz and family

Matilda said...

Kaz, your photos are in a frame too! How'd you do that? Love your updates. It was a great morning at breakfast... see you tomorrow!